Lake Lundgren Bible Camp is a member of:
For info on our Capital Campaign “Continuing the Mission”, CLICK HERE
See Camp Map HERE
Lake Lundgren Bible Camp began in June of 1935 under the direction of Rev. Ernest Tremblay who was the first president of what was then called the Sunday School and Chautauqua Association of Marinette County. Camp started with 50 campers for one week of summer camp. Over the years, under many other godly leaders, the camp continued to grow as more and more weeks of camp were added to the schedule, and as land and buildings were donated, largely by the Danielson family. LLBC has always been Christ-honoring and biblically-rooted, with both a strong missionary and evangelistic ministry.
In 1975, the name was changed to Lake Lundgren Bible Camp and Mike and Ruth Hryshkanych became the camp’s first full-time staff. Since that time, we have grown to a year-round camp ministry with a full summer of youth camps plus a wide variety of adult and family retreats during the fall, winter, and spring. In 2015 Roger and Jackie Tahtinen became the camp’s second full-time Director. We have continue to grow. We have 6 full-time missionary staff members (with 3 more in the process of being hired), several year-long Residents and Interns, a team of 40+ summer staff, and hundreds of volunteer staff throughout the year.
From our humble beginnings, with those 50 campers for one week of camp, Lake Lundgren has become a full-service camp on over 100 wooded acres and serving almost 5000 campers per year between our own programs and groups who rent our facility for their own retreats and camps.
We continue to look to the Lord for the future of Lake Lundgren Bible Camp as he continues to lead and provide for us!
It is our desire to serve you with the Love of Christ and to point our guest towards Him through our service. As the Director of Lake Lundgren Bible Camp, I want to invite you to come and see what God is doing here and allow us to serve you.
In His service (Romans 12:1)
Roger Tahtinen Director of Lake Lundgren Bible Camp.
Statement of Faith:
1. We believe in the scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in thought, word and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all that believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in “that blessed hope”, the personal, and imminent return of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
Lake Lundgren Bible Camp Creed
- Statement of Faith
- We believe that any conduct that is immoral or godless is opposed to the purpose of Lake Lundgren Bible Camp which promotes holy living according to the Gospel of Christ (1 Tim. 1:4; 4:7; 2 Tim. 4:4), including witchcraft, occult activity (1 Sam. 15:23; Gal. 5:20), drunkenness (1 Cor. 6:9,10; Rom. 13:13), and sexual immorality (Gal. 5:19-20; 1 Cor. 6:9; Rom. 1:24-32). Such behavior by individuals or groups will not be tolerated on the premises by individuals or groups. No one will be hired or retained who promotes or practices such immorality or godlessness.
- We believe that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities outside of marriage including, but not limited to, adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality, pedophilia and incest are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious conduct, transgender behavior, and the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography are incompatible with the biblical witness. Leviticus 20:10-16; Romans 1:22-32; I Corinthians 6:9-20; I Thessalonians 4:3-8; Hebrews 13: 4-5
- We believe that marriage was established by God and is the exclusive, covenantal, lifetime union of one man and one woman. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the biblical definition of marriage. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:1-10; Romans 7:1-4; Ephesians 5:18-33